Using TASCAM US-366 interface w ProTools 11.3

• Thank you received: 144

Using TASCAM US-366 interface w ProTools 11.3 was created by Fred Ginsburg

For a course that I teach, I needed to set up my Acer PC laptop for Pro Tools (vers 11.3). I am using the TASCAM US-366 USB audio interface to bring in a mic input and for audio monitor output. When not needing the mic input, I often just use the laptop's built-in audio in/out....

I discovered that Pro Tools kept reporting that its Video Engine was crashing. So, after some trial and error, I figured out that we had to use the following drivers in the Pro Tools Playback Engine settings.

If using the TASCAM input device, select the US-366 driver option under Setup>Playback Engine. Do this after booting up Pro Tools but BEFORE opening a session, since it will force PT to close down and require rebooting for the new setting to take hold.

When not using the TASCAM, then select the ASIOdirectX driver driver option under Setup>Playback Engine. Do this after booting up Pro Tools but BEFORE opening a session, since it will force PT to close down and require rebooting for the new setting to take hold.
8 years 7 months ago #2734

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds