Making Mistakes is Not a Bad Thing

• Thank you received: 144

Making Mistakes is Not a Bad Thing was created by Fred Ginsburg

This blurb was sent to me from the Clark County Museum. Their head curator, Mark, is a regular on Pawn Stars. The piece was written by noted SciFi author and satirist, Neil Gaiman. His books are great reads!

Happy New Year!
"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.
So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.
Make your mistakes, next year and forever."
~Neil Gaiman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xiajun Chen
9 years 2 months ago #2345

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Xiajun Chen on topic Making Mistakes is Not a Bad Thing

This is very inspiring! I've always been worried about making mistakes and tried to avoid them. I always want to be more confident and now I realized that one of the things that get in my way is my overcautiousness and afraid to disappoint others.

As he said, "...if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something."

Thank you for sharing this beautiful quote!
9 years 2 months ago #2352

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds