NAMM 2012 Anaheim CA

• Thank you received: 144

NAMM 2012 Anaheim CA was created by Fred Ginsburg

Just a reminder that the NAMM Show is coming up on Jan 19-22, 2012 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

For those of you who are not familiar with this tradeshow, it is to the music industry what NAB is to the broadcast industry. In other words, it is HUGE!

Exhibitors include all of the major microphone, recorder, and software giants. Along with sound reinforcement, musical instruments, accessories, and publishers.

It is the place to be if you are interested in music!

However, that being said, it is a closed door convention and admittance is only to badge carrying members of the industry. Badges are officially limited to just exhibitors and dealers; although a couple of the music giants do seem to distribute a ton of badges to special end users.

Badges are also available to Educators (at $25 per).

You cannot buy a badge on-site without lots of documentation that you are entitled (as a Dealer or Educator). Paperwork includes a business license, resale license, proof of employment, etc.

Best bet is to contact a major manufacturer and see if you can get a badge through them. Or contact the Education section if you are a professor. (Eric Ebel, NAMM This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. )

Sorry, but NAMM is not like NAB, where pretty much anyone can get a free badge. These badges are limited in number and availability. And they DO check the name against your photo ID (drivers license, or nicely forged official looking ID card).

In the past, I have had to come up with a fake ID to match the name on a (borrowed) badge. But usually, I have a NAMM badge in my own name, what with my connections to Audio Technica and Tascam.

I will be at NAMM, over at the Tascam Booth, explaining the HS-P82 multitrack recorder.

Hope to see ya there!
12 years 2 months ago #331

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds